Thursday, October 11, 2012

Week 6 MOVIE POST

One of the movies that I would watch is Freedom Writers.  We actually were able to hear Manny Scott,  one of the actual students in the film, speak as an entire district before school started.  He had a great message and was highly entertaining.  I would highly recommend him to any school district as a speaker.  The main thing he taught me was to never give up on a student.  The student who may be getting on your nerves the most may be the one who needs you the most.  Here is the link to his web site which, also, has the movie.
http://www.manuelvscott.com/

Freedom Writers


The other movie I selected is Prince of Tides
It is entertaining and much of the movie is spent in counseling sessions.  It taught me that people sometimes have self destructive behavior due to past experiences.  It, also, shows someone reluctant to get counseling and how the counselor overcame his fears.

The Prince of Tides

No comments:

Post a Comment