Thursday, October 11, 2012

week 7

I wish I had a tape recorder on me at all times so I could pick my best counseling performance.   The main thing I need to work on is not feeling rushed while I am with a student.  I, sometimes, get so overwhelmed that I need to make sure I am giving the students enough time to elaborate their thoughts when I am counseling them.  Many times, I may need to get several things done with the student when I have time to meet with them which leads to me feel rushed.  I feel rushed because I have so many students and there is no way I could take an hour with every student.  Also, during the counseling session they made need multiple items done such as college or clerical stuff.  Listening to my own tape and listening to the feedback made me realize this.  Next tape I am going to take my time and forget about the distractions.

1 comment:

  1. Time is also a huge issue for myself. Teaching full time, I am pressured to put time constraints on the clients I work with because I have classes to teach, lesson plans and grades to post, and meetings to attend. Therefore, I too often feel that the students do not get to fully express themselves in the same way that they would if time were not an issue.

    ReplyDelete