Sunday, September 9, 2012

week 3

This was a short week.  We had open house Tuesday so I was able to meet many of my parents.  Wednesday, I had a 3 year reval 504 meeting.  Friday, I was able to go to the annual college day at Papa John's Stadium in Louisville.  It is beneficial to learn new things being offered by our local colleges.  The theme that kept coming up for me this week was my role as a mediator.  I am constantly mediating between parents, teachers, and students.  After watching the political conventions the last 2 weeks maybe we could use more counselors in government so they can actually get something done through mediation!

1 comment:

  1. Attending college fairs is an excellent way to keep up with new degree programs, entrance requirements, etc. Also, they provide counselors with information on scholarship opportunities. Also, I fully agree that being a mediator is one of the primary jobs of any school counselor.

    ReplyDelete